Cousins said, “We saw a big spark, and our cat run into the bedroom.”
The electrical shock destroyed the year-old cat’s ears. Not only was the cat, Honey, left with painful injuries, but her owners encountered high veterinary bills to save her life. With the help of a GoFundMe, enough funds were raised to get Honey the help that she needed.
Cousins hopes that her cat’s terrible experience will serve as a reminder to others. She said, “Just try to keep your cats out of your tree, maybe turn the lights off every once in a while when you’re around it. Make sure they’re not chewing on any wires”.